In my last post, I showed you my first two crepe paper flowers. I decided to work on the rose a little, so that I would at least like it! I pulled in the petals tighter at the bottom and added another layer of floral tape to keep them tight. Then I saw in my Martha Stewart Crafts book (a gift from my M-i-L) that you should stretch the crepe paper to make the petals a little more shapely. You are supposed to do this before taping them to the wire, but I thought I would try anyway. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I think it is much better. Less floppy, and more rose-like!
I also decided to make a couple more of the little orange flowers. I put them in this small vase and set them on a dark corner shelf. They are very bright in that corner and add a burst of fall color to the living room. Just what I was looking for!
As you can see, I'm enjoying trying out this new craft!