Thursday, September 13, 2012

Crepe Paper Flowers


My husband, who knows I love all things crafty, gave me a paper flower making kit for a gift this past year, but I didn't take the time to work on it until he was in Paris this past month with work! This kit included paper, wire, floral tape, stamens, and a book with instructions and patterns to make the flowers. I followed the instructions in the book to make a rose, and this was it. The paper is thick, who sided and makes a very sturdy flower. I think I would like it a lot more if it wasn't so BIG. But it is pink, and it looks like a rose to me, so for a first attempt I was pretty pleased.


I decided for my next flower to make some orange ones to display in the fall this year as a seasonal pop of color. I had a roll of cheap streamer paper and thought it might work. I used a white stamen from the kit and rolled around that a cut of 1/2 ish by 4 inch piece of streamer that I  frayed with scissors. Then cut circles out that were the size of the paper, crimped them together on the bottom, and put them on one by one. This flower is much more fragile, but I love the look of it, felt the thinner paper was easier to work with and think it looks better in the end.

I posted again on these same flowers here.

No comments: