Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I was excited to see Splitcoast's new tutorial (see link below) for a box from an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper - so I decided to try it. I haven't made something three-dimensional in a while, and I had been wanting to try this color combo for over a week. This is what I ended up with. I made the box from More Mustard cardstock & stamped the front and back panels with Mustard ink & Linen background. Then on the Bashful Blue cardstock I stamped flowers from the Beyond the Basics set in VersaMark. I cut a piece of Mustard cardstock and pressed it into my Cranberry Crisp ink pad to give it texture & glued it across the blue. Then I used the flowers from the Flowers for a Friend set with Bashful Blue ink & Always Artichoke stems. I stamped over the flowers with the sentiment from God's Blessings in Basic Black. Then to add just a little more texture, I stamped off the linen stamp a few times then lightly pressed it randomly over the piece of white cardstock. Framed out the Whisper White with Cranberry cardstock & then glued it all on. I punched tiny holes with my 1/16 inch hole punch and tied a piece of Hemp Twine through each side & tied cute little bows! It was fun & I feel inspired....You just might see some more 3D stuff here soon!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/onesheetbox.php

No comments: