Friday, April 13, 2007



I challenged myself to make a card out of BoldBrights colors since my stampin' buddy Laura always uses these and I rarely ever do! I used the sketch from Splitcoast for this week and used only two stamps on the whole card! The tag is from the hostess set Tags So Much, and the background on the Brilliant Blue and Whisper White papers is Linen - the only background I've used in a week! I stamped the tag a few times in the different colors and cut around the parts I wanted to use - like I used the whole tag from the orange, the flower only from the blue & the center only from the pink. Then I did it again on a little square piece that I made a faux metal-edged tag from! For the tag: punch out a smaller square from a metallic piece of paper, then stamp a larger square around the smaller one and you're left with a metallic border to put around whatever you want to make a tag from! I punched holes in the Pink Passion & Only Orange cardstocks using the guide in the Crafter's Tool Kit and used my White Gel Pen to make it look like I stitched between the holes. Then I put a ribbon around the Brilliant Blue cardstock, tied a little bow and glued it all together. It's definitely not my favorite card, but it is bright!

No comments: