Thursday, June 8, 2017

Rolled Magazine Cross

When I saw this on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to try it:
http://fromliketolove.blogspot.com/2011/11/another-project.html

I started by rolling a couple smaller projects, because I was trying this craft out with my 11 year old. She didn't like it because she couldn't roll them tight enough to make them look nice, so I started on this bigger project.

I'm a get-started-without-a-real-plan kind of crafter, so I just started making some of the same size circles and then arranged them to get the look of the cross that I wanted. I didn't realize how much smaller mine would be until I actually had it glued together and hung it on the wall. I wish I'd made it a little bigger....so I might make another one another day.

(If you're interested, the biggest circles are 6 pages folded, then glued end-to-end, then rolled. The smaller ones are 2 pages. )

I was fussy with the pages that I used because I wanted bright colors and not a lot of white/black print. Especially on the pages that I used around the outside to create the 'border'. When I finished, I gave it a coat with high gloss ModPodge.

I enjoyed the craft, and think I may re-visit it for future projects.

No comments: