Sunday, May 25, 2008

Birthday From the Heart


I was in the mood to try another spring-y yellow card, and I liked the look of the torn coffee filter from my last card, but I wanted it to be a little more fun! So I added the bright pink to the card. I stamped the gift in black ink onto glossy white cardstock, then I used a yellow crayon to color in the polka-dots and the ribbon. I then took a cotton ball and rubbed into the pink chalk and onto the gift box to color it in pink. Then you can rub harder over the yellow crayon, and all the pink chalk comes off those areas. It's a neat way to get two colors onto one stamped image easily. Then I matted it with matching pink paper, and put it onto a rectangle of torn coffee filter (see previous post for instructions). I added a scrap of ribbon to a strip of pink and put it across the card with the gift on top. Then I stamped the sentiments in pink and then in black to give it the shadowed look. I thought the second one needed a little something to fill the empty space above the "f" so I added a pink heart eyelet.
I often finish a card and wish I'd put something on the background cardstock. This is one of those projects. It always looks nicer with something stamped onto the background....If only I could remember that before I start attaching things!

No comments: