Friday, October 1, 2010

Kanzashi Butterfly Ornament

I have started working on Christmas ornaments! I like to give a different one each year and I am bound & determined to have them finished for the season. This is not the one I'm making to give everyone, and I had never made one of these, so I thought I'd share a photo:
It is made with fabric, using a kanzashi fold. The larger wings are simply a larger square of fabric. Then you put a string through the wings at the bottom (order: small, lg, lg, small) the same way you would a kanzashi flower petal and they gather together to make the shape of the butterfly. I hot glued on a piece of black cording I had that is kind-of flat and put a hanging string through the back of one of the large wings.
I know I hung it on a pineapple plant...I do like to put my Christmas tree up early....but even I can't do it this early!

1 comment:

tcmoniz said...

This is really cute!!!