Sunday, September 27, 2009

Quilled Invitation

I have been doing a bit of quilling. This is the only one I'll post now, because I don't think Kim checks my blog. The others will have to wait until the gifts have been given....but I'm looking forward to sharing. I've never been very good at waiting for things like that!




This was my first time doing some non-quilled flowers on one of my projects. The lilies are made by curling the wide end of a teardrop shape and attaching a stem. Then putting a yellow quilled cone in the center. (You can click on the photo for a better look) I wan't too sure of the look at first, but it has grown on me and I do like the result. Do you think I've done enough to this one. It feels a little plain, but I can't decide if that just makes it elegant?

5 comments:

Gene and Charli said...

Very nice piece. Although it's hard to see in the original picture once I clicked on it and it enlarged I got a great look at the quilling work. Someone is going to be very happy.

Jnet said...

Elegant is the word I thought of before I read what you wrote -- Classy too!

G'ma Owens said...

It really looks good.

tcmoniz said...

This is gorgeous! I wish we could get together, and you could show me how to quill! :)

The Turner's said...

I'd be happy to show you Moniz, but it will have to wait until next year. I'm up for carpal tunnel release in a couple weeks! Both wrists!