Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Collar


I know what you're thinking....."That's not exactly trendy!" What you may not know is that it is a prop for my clowning costume. I decided to really make my clown costume better for wearing this Halloween and am hoping to do some clowning around town after Halloween. I was thinking of visiting a children's home, nursing home, etc.


I took a piece of red fabric and doubled it over then doubled it over again, a little longer to make a two-tiered gathered piece. Then I sewed it and gathered it and sewed again at the right length. then took piece and sewed it over the collar to make it finished on the top. I'm not a great seamstress, but think this will add a big punch to the clown costume! Now if I could just find a shirt I like to go under it!!

No comments: