Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thanks, Dad


I know, I know. It's been a long time....but we've been so busy with the building of a new room onto our house and getting our vegetables into the ground that I have been able to do little else than that and caring for my kid-o's.


Anyways, I made this card for my dad, who has helped us tremendously on our addition to the house. It was an idea from a card making magazine I got in the mail last month. In retrospect, it should have been a hammer, not a neck tie! Oh well! That's the thing about retrospect....you can't change what you've already done!
The dots on the funky tie are stamped with black ink and a background from Beyond the Basics. The 'Thanks' is from the word "Thanksgiving" on a stamp. I markered only the first six letters to get it to say thanks instead, then stamped it. The DAD is from my alphabet stamps. Other than that, no stamps on this card. It is not like any of my typical cards, which is why I wanted to challenge myself with it. I liked the end result.

No comments: