Saturday, January 5, 2008

Framed Verse


I made this verse last night to go in this blue frame we've had laying around for years! My husband picked the verse, but I made it all girly! It was pretty quick. I did it in a couple hours. I printed the verse on my computer, then cut it to size and stamped it all over with the flower in different shades of blue (bashful & brilliant). Then I colored in the darkest ones with a white crayon and used a cotton swab to put Not Quite Navy chalk all over. Then I rubbed off the spots with the crayon for the chalk to come off, leaving white flowers. I didn't think it was enough punch, so I stamped a few black flowers and used my blender pen to color them in, and attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals - some going off the edges. I matted it in a little black paper and then put it all on a silver piece and put it in the frame. Much easier and quicker than I had expected it to be.

4 comments:

G'ma Owens said...

That is First Class!

tcmoniz said...

This is really pretty! You are so great at stamping!! Your last two cards look great too!

Tracy :)

Jnet said...

You really do a good job of knowing just how much embellishment to do...not too much and not too little...very nice!

Tracey said...

This is lovely. ~:-)