Saturday, August 4, 2007

Anniversary Card


Stampin' Up! releases 6 new colors each year, and they are only available for that catalog year. I was excited to be playing with the new colors today. They go so well with my old favorite, Chocolate Chip! I folded and stamped the 4 1/4 by 8 1/2 Purely Pomgranate cardstock with my linen stamp in Chocolate ink. Then I stamped the flowers from Year After Year onto River Rock cardstock and ran the edges in my chocolate ink pad. I punched 1/16 inch holes and inserted silver brads into the center of each flower. Then I placed the piece of Chocolate cardstock in the center of the card, letting it go off the top. I used the linen technique on the Very Vanilla cardstock and distressed it in the ink as well. Then, using my Chocolate marker, I stamped a portion of the sentiment from God's Blessings onto Groovy Guava, cut it out and ran the edges of it in Chocolate ink as well. Then put it all together. I decided last minute to add some flowers to the card, so I used my marker again to ink the flower and stamp only that in the background. I improved this card greatly by stamping the flowers again onto the Guava cardstock and cutting them out and putting them onto the River Rock flowers.

No comments: