Friday, March 23, 2007


This is the second new technique (called Frosted Filters) I tried yesterday. See that textured, colorful paper? It's a coffee filter! Put some drops of a dye based ink refill in a plate, spray with water, then put your coffee filter on top. Squeeze out the excess water, dry with your embossing heat gun, and cut to size. That's it! I will warn you, your hands will be dyed - you should have seen mine - and it hasn't completely come off yet! I also really wanted to use my wheels some, so I stamped Wings & Things in ChocolateChip ink, colored it in with Regal Rose & Chocolate, added some dazzling diamonds glitter to the two dragonflies & layered the papers on. I wasn't so sure about this last night, but when I looked at it again, I love the look of that coffee filter! And it was fun getting my hands dirty!
For more information on this technique see:

No comments: